Shifting Perspectives, Changing Lives
Welcome to Life Paradigms, Inc., a 501C3 non-profit organization.
Life Paradigms, Inc. (LP) is dedicated to educating and empowering women of color and their families. The mission of LP includes building a new generation of women of color who are aware of their cultural treasures and divine birthrights; who are acutely in tune with the precious worth of their bodies and who recognize and move progressively toward their responsibilities to themselves, their families and their communities.
Our site evolves as women evolve and is a matrix for change. We will feature historical, current and future projections on women's roles in society; strategic plans and action items; interactive leadership development programs for girls; courses for women in all stages of life; and a variety of other special features. Girls and women connect and share insights, information, and Pearls of Wisdom.
We hope that you will enjoy our site, participate in our programs and support the work we are doing through a donation.
Rites of Passage Expanding
Life Paradigms, Inc. is proud to introduce a new program called S.O.N.S. (Saving Our Noble Sons). From January 18-May 3, our young men will have an opportunity to receive some of the best and most prolific training afforded young black men in Arizona.
What is S.O.N.S.
S.O.N.S. is a 15 week Leadership Development Program designed specifically for African American boys, ages 13-17.
S.O.N.S. is a collaborative effort between several local and national organizations that have a history of committing their time and resources to the African American community. They include: Fatimah Halim, President/CEO of Life Paradigms, Inc., Michael Jones, Co-owner of One Body One Mind Fitness and Lasana O. Hotep, Educational Consultant and Co-founder of MyClickUrban.com; Tafari Osayende; Samuel Kirkland and Jumoke’ Farrow.
1. To develop Maturity
2. To encourage Community Engagement
3. To produce better students; success in school; college preparedness
4. To assist in developing better relationships with family, extended family
5. To areate an astute awareness of Black Manhood (identity; confidence; responsibility)
1. Teach AA males to cope in contemporary society
2. Instruct via an African centered curriculum
3. Produce a successful student who is prepared for post-secondary education
4. Produce a responsible man
Our Guiding Philosophy
1. Foster critical thinking skills
2. Facilitate life-long learning and problem solving skills
3. Prepare African American boys for college
4. Prepare African American boys for manhood
The cost for this program is $75. Application for S.O.N.S. can be accessed by clicking (or
copy/paste) this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77uxdhfapee8ylp/application%202014.doc